Ragging may be any misconduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has an effect of teasing , treating or handling student, with rudeness indulging in any untoward or undisciplined activities which cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm in order to raise fear apprehension in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which the student will not be prone in the ordinary course and has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
Punishments for those found guilty of Ragging.(Any act of physical or mental abuse targeted at another student on the ground of colour, race, religion, caste, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, appearance, nationality, regional origins, linguistic identity, place of birth, place of residence or economic background)
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following:
- Cancellation of Admission
- Suspension from attending classes
- Withholding / Withdrawing scholarship /fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, youth festival etc.
- Suspension /expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission into any other Institution.
Ragging is a criminal offense. Ragging is strictly prohibited by both State Govt. and Central Govt. Punishment for ragging will be dismissal from the college along with a fine of Rs. 50000/-.
Anti Ragging cell will be vigilant at all hours around the campus and other places vulnerable to incidents having the potential of, ragging and are empowered to inspect such places .As a duty of the cell surprise raids will be done on hostels, and other places vulnerable to ragging. On-the-spot enquiry will be done in case of any incident of ragging referred by the faculty or student or parent or guardian, the enquiry report along with recommendations shall be submitted to the Head of the Institution for action. Posters are displayed on Institution and Department Notice Boards and other prominent designated places. Counseling services are offered and to create awareness among the students programmes are organized