Is an interesting approach that combines online educational material and opportunities for interaction online with traditional place-based classroom methods. While it is imperative that students still attend classes in a “brick-and-mortar” set up with a teacher donning the role of a facilitator present. The face-to-face classroom practices are combined with computer-mediated activities with regards both Content as well as Delivery.
As the name suggests it is model of Learning where a Traditional Process is amalgamated with New Age Learning Models and the advantage of this Model of Learning is that provides the students to learn in a Practical as well as Theoretical Manner. There are various Models of Blended Learning that the student at ASHOKA are exposed to; to name a few :
- The “Face to Face” driver – where the teacher drives the instruction and augments with digital tool.
- The “Rotation” based model where the students are made to go through a schedule of Independent Online Study as well as an Interactive Classroom cycle.
- The “Flex” based model is used to promote Higher Order Thinking; in this model some part of the curriculum is delivered via the Digital model and the Teachers provide Face-to-Face Consultation and Support.
- The “Lab” based model is a vital part of the Learning Model as this where the Students usually learn as a mix of Theory and Practical based sessions.
Finally the “Self Blend” model this a Learning process where the students have the opportunity to augment their Learning through Online Course Work. To mention some of the Tools that are being incorporated at ASHOKA so that the entire process of ” BLENDED LEARNING” fulfills the desired objective of creating Students who are “Thought Leaders” and drive ” Change” as a function of their differentiated Learning and Thinking process. To enlist:
- Instructor – Delivered Content
- Live/Online Sessions with Facilitators
- Use of Face book/Chat Rooms/Blogs/You Tube to augment Learning