- Composite Materials
- Special Interest Groups
Center of excellence Machining and composite materials
Center of excellence in the Department of Mechanical Engineering was established with a clear focus to promote research and development; this center brings together faculty members from different disciplines and provides shared facilities.
Our COE in houses a state of the art 6-axis robot along with a CNC turner, both the machines work in sync with each other and provide learning and research platform for various activities. The COE also in houses platform for composite materials, their fabrication, and testing.
To promote research and development interest amongst the students and faculties and to bring world-class research in the institute.
Objectives of COE:
- To Promote Research and Development Activities
- To Provide Industrial Training
- To Encourage Research Publications.
- To promote Industry Institute Interaction pattern for collaborative research.
- To Provide Platform to students to interact and familiarize with a research background.
The department has excellent faculties with relevant expertise. Taking diversity into mind, which is the backbone of research, special interest groups are formed as per the expertise and interest areas.
|Special Interest Groups||Faculties|
|Composite Materials||Dr. A. Ramesh Kumar / Dr. Hasan Zakir Jafri / Mr. P. Parushuram|
|Machining||Ms. Ch. Narmada / Mrs. V.V.K Vandana / Mr. G. Lingaiah|
|Robotics/ CAD/CAM||Mr. P. Parushuram / Ms. G. Spoorthi / Mr. Ch. Santosh|
- Machining parameter optimization using Taguchi approach
- Investigation of Fiber composite materials having straight and cross ply laminates.
- Control of robotic actuators.
- Optimization using CAE tool
- Ramesh Kumar A, Jafri H.Z. “Heat transfer study on hollow pipe implanted RCC roof- Passive cooling approach” in ICEETMS-2019.
- Jafri H.Z. “Dynamic design of mechanical components” in ICEETMS-2019.
- Narmada Ch. “Optimization of machining parameters using Taguchi approach” journal of mechanical engineering (Communicated)